The GHA (Gift & Homewares Australia) runs their Home & Giving fair together with Reed Gifts Fairs who jointly present the August Melbourne gift fairs simultaneously in two Melbourne venues, the Melbourne Showgrounds and also at the the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. The Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre in the heart of the city is just 8 kilometres from the exhibitors at the Melbourne Showgrounds venue. Continuous FREE shuttle buses will operate between the two venues during the fair days to ensure buyers can easily visit all exhibitors.
Location & Dates
The next August Melbourne Gift Fairs of GHA’s (Gifts and Homewares Australia) Home and Giving Fair and Reed Gift Fairs will be held simultaneously from Saturday 2nd to Wednesday 5th August 2014 at Both at two locations:-
- Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Rd, Ascot Vale with extra exhibitors for both
- also at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre , Southbank,
Getting Around it all
The Melbourne gifts and homewares fair is a big event and you wont get around it all in one day. Some people wont get it all done in the 4 days. So come prepared with your map of exhibitors that you need to see and plan to spend at least 3 days if you are serious about finding new products at this Fair.
Directions. How to get to the showgrounds.
The Melbourne Showgrounds boasts excellent transport access from the city.
- Free Buses to the showgrounds are conveniently located both ends of the Melbourne Exhibition & Convention centre.
- Showground Bus stops are conveniently located on Langs Road and Epsom Road.
- Bus service number 472 travels between Williamstown and Moonee Ponds via Footscray along Langs Road.
- Tram number 57 leaves Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, and travels along Epsom Road to the Main Gate.
- Ample parking is available on site with a further provision for 7,000 cars nearby at Flemington Racecourse.
- Road access is 15 mins from the city via Flemington & Racecourse Roads, or off City Link at Racecourse Rd.
- To take easy maps with you, see the street map of the suburbs around Ascot Vale, also the street map of the close Vicinity around the Melbourne Showgrounds and the map of the Showgrounds showing the exhibition halls for the Melbourne Gift Fair
For full details of this and other events staged at the Melbourne Showgrounds, see the Melbourne Showgrounds site.
Directions to the Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre
The superb, central location of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre means it is easily accessed by the city’s roadways, freeways, public transport and on foot. The City Link automated tollway connects the MCEC to the airport in just 20 minutes. The Centre is also serviced by six parking areas suitable for public, and bus parking and now with Major new South Walk parking at what used to be the back entry to the MEC. The MCEC now has two main entrances for the Gift fair, (At Bay 1 and at the other end at Bay 20 coming off the new South Walk Carpark)
Tram routes for the Melbourne Exhibition Centre:
- Route 96 – St Kilda to East Brunswick
- Route 109 – Port Melbourne to Box Hill
- Route 112 – West Preston to St Kilda
Trains : Southern Cross and Flinders Street stations are both a short stroll from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Taxis: Taxi ranks are right on the doorstep:
Airport transfers: Skybus Super Shuttle is the official transit link between Melbourne Airport and the central business district. It departs every 15 minutes from Southern Cross station, a five-minute walk from the Centre.
To take easy maps with you, see the new MEC Parking Map, or for the showgrounds venue, see the street map of the suburbs around Ascot Vale, also the street map of the close Vicinity around the Melbourne Showgrounds and the map of the Showgrounds showing the exhibition halls for the Melbourne Gift Fair.